In general, excavation services provide a number of different benefits and can be used in a number of different projects. They can help build bridges, dig out basements, or simply create a perfect base for your next home or commercial build. Regardless of your reasoning for an excavation, we here at Mondo EX can go about this project in the best way possible. Before hiring a company to do this type of service, you should firstly be aware of the types of excavation that can be done. Luckily, our team has come up with a blog post all about that below.
Depending on the type of project as well as your needs, chances are different excavation types will need to be implemented. Some of the excavation types you can decide on include:
- Cut & Fill: This includes cutting/stripping any material that can be used to elevate certain spots of the site. On the flipside, you can also have uneven spots cutaway and used to level out your space.
- Trench: Trenches often exceed their depth with length. The deepest trenches that can be made are around 6 meters deep.
- Road: Both asphalt & concrete roads need a stable foundation in order to withstand pressure and function properly. Removing materials you don’t need can be done within this process to ensure your roads do not end up with cracks or potholes.
- Over: Sometimes a company will have to dig deeper than what is required in order to ensure your basement is completely rid of mess/unknown materials. This makes for a strong, stable foundation for your next build.
- Basement: Excavating basements can be done either partially or fully underground. The deeper you want your basement to be, the pricier it will get.
Materials Present in an Excavation
There are a number of materials that will either need to be used or removed in order to properly complete an excavation project. Some of these materials include:
- Topsoil: This material includes the first couple of inches of surface on earth and mostly involves vegetation and soil. Unfortunately this material is compressible meaning you can not build or pave on your site until this material is removed entirely.
- Rock: These rocks can come in different shapes and sizes. We’re not just talking about small rocks— no, we’re talking about boulders as well. Sometimes these boulders can be so large, they’re too heavy to carry out of the site. When all else fails, a company will likely have to drill and blast through these large rocks to break them up.
- Earth: Earth is known as the layer in between the topsoil (upper layer) and rock (lower layer). A company will likely have to remove this material for drainage ditches & proper foundations.
How Mondo EX Can Help
When you are in need of an excavation company that makes sure your site is 100% ready to build on, our team has got you covered. With all of the necessary skills, experience and education, our team works hard from start to finish to ensure your project is finished to your satisfaction. To learn more about our excavation services in Toronto, be sure to call our team at (647) 619-6373 today!