Have you ever wanted to install a pool in your backyard? Maybe a shed, garden or hot tub? Regardless of what interests you, all of these types of installations will likely need what is known as site grading & levelling. In simplest terms, site grading is done by adjusting the elevation/slope of an area to level out the ground and make a buildable surface with a strong foundation. There are a number of factors that go into this process, and we here at Mondo EX would like to explain so you can be prepared when/if you start one.
How Does it Work
Site grading is usually done before construction of any type of building/installation. This is because it sets a proper stable foundation (as we previously mentioned) so it is easier and more safer to build on. When it comes to building a residential home, this step is crucial so as to ensure that all of the drainage systems work correctly.
A number of different people will work on the measuring aspect, often including civil engineers, building contractors and surveyors. The measure of the slope will then determine how the land should be levelled in order for maximum effectiveness. There are four ways of doing site grading. You can either:
- Use Heavy Machinery: This method doesn’t just work for excavation services; it also works for surface smoothing!
- Simple Excavation: This procedure includes digging downward to create a lowered area as the base for the structure.
- Surface Smoothing: Doesn’t require machinery or installation.
- Topsoil Installation: Also doesn’t require machinery or installation!
How Important is Site Grading?
Site grading has been and will forever be an extremely crucial step in any building process, big or small. After all, trying to build on uneven land is a nuisance and nearly impossible to begin with. There are two big reasons why site gradings are beneficial to your build and considered important. They are:
- For foundation reasons: Protecting the foundation of your home, shed, or pool is extremely important. Without the right foundation, structural damage can begin to take place and ruin the very thing you worked so hard on building/installing! Improper foundations can also lead to water leakage, which leads to the damage of your soil, vegetation and the attraction of annoying pests such as mosquitoes.
- It looks better: Home design is crucial in not only holding a high appreciation for your home, but for its overall value as well. If you know that something won’t be your forever home and you’re intending on selling, it will have a hard time doing so when the foundation is out of sorts. This choice is also better for your peace of mind — when your home is balanced, your mind is balanced out too. No need for extra stress when you make sure your home/outdoor installations are levelled properly.
Hire a Professional Team for Your Grading
When you are in need of proper grading & levelling in Richmond Hill, look no further than working with our team here at Mondo EX! Your construction needs are important to us, and that means our team will work tirelessly to make sure your experience is stress-free and worth your time. To learn more about our services and how we can help, be sure to call us at (647) 619-6373 today!